[TechAssist] Re: Fw: PanasonicPT40LC12-PT-45LC12 dead no lamp or temp LED's

  • From: "tvservice" <tvservice@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 7 Jul 2005 12:44:46 -0500

Al,
remove the back cover and measure for continuity across the thermal fuse
above the lamp housing.
if open jump it wth a 5 amp fuse, be sure to close the safety switch with
the small blue lever then try to power on.
 If comes on ok you will need to replace the entire ballast assembly to get
that fuse.
Panasonic does not have a part number for just the fuse on the PT40LC
series.
It is possible to cut off the fuse and replace with another but dont solder
must be crimped.
ballast # LSEB3062A1  COST @ $200.00

Robert
tvservice@xxxxxxxxxxxxx