[TechAssist] Fw: Fw: Goldstar GCT2556, Turns off by itself. Second request

  • From: gulftech@xxxxxxxx
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 27 May 2005 16:38:23 -0500

I sent this before 11:00 today.  Never saw it posted.  For that matter,
never saw a post at all from TechAssistB.

Probably too late for most of you, but will send it anyway.

Hope everyone has a good weekend.

Kenneth Smith
Gulf Technical Services
3034 Gulf Breeze Parkway
Gulf Breeze, FL  32563
850-934-8324 (Voice) 850-932-0819 (Fax)

From: gulftech@xxxxxxxx
To: repair@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 25 May 2005 15:13:22 -0500
Subject: Goldstar GCT2556, Turns off by itself

Techs,

This set will run minutes, hours, or even a couple of days before it
shuts off.  When pressing power after it shuts off, will shut off even
before a picture comes up.

Found a tip to replace the regulator, IC801/STR52100.  Not in stock here
or from my normal suppliers.  Had to special order it.  Replaced it.  Ran
about 30 minutes and turned off.  Same thing.

Does someone have a scan of the power supply (or the whole set)?  This
customer has been waiting over three weeks.  Yes, I checked for bad
solder and ESR'd the caps in the power supply.

TIA,