[TechAssist] Fw: FisherFM-871 No FM and display FIXED!

  • From: "Tiberius Kraemer" <ty1k@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "TechAssist" <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 21 Oct 2003 14:49:06 -0700

 Stop!
 Hold it!
 I am speechless!
 Thank you everyone for your replies!
 Problem turned out to be two fold.
 First Problem: My mistake was to power the thing with 19 volts DC. Thinking
 there is a bridge in the unit, I would not have to worry about the
polarity.
 Well I was WWRROONNGG!
 After I received a scan, It was plain that the display power is derived
 before the bridge.
 Second and actual fault was in the tuner. Turned out to be a perfectly good
 looking solder joint which was not as perfect as it looked.
 After wasting 3+ frustrating hours on the thing, with your help, took 20
 minutes to troubleshoot and repair.
 Once again, thank you for your time and effort.
 Ty
 Tiberius Kraemer
 Blue Star Electronics
 3312 Silverton Rd. NE