[TechAssist] Fw: Consumer Alert - Screen cleaning fluid

  • From: "Don Hartigan" <hartstv@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 19 Feb 2006 22:42:57 -0400

From: Fred LeBlanc=20
To: fredleb@xxxxxxxxxxx=20
Sent: Friday, February 17, 2006 5:14 PM
Subject: FW: Consumer Alert - Screen cleaning fluid

Information that could be of great interest to you.
    Have a nice evening.
    Fred
    VVV

      From: Jim Troyanek
      Date: 02/16/06 21:09:17
      To: Undisclosed-Recipient:,
      Subject: Consumer Alert - Screen cleaning fluid

      Again I am the messenger only.  I know not whether this ios legit =
or not, but it pays to be careful, me thinks.

      cul8r.....Jim    VVV

      Shelley decided to purchase a screen cleaner for our home =
computers.  She asked at work Navcanada, the techs what was the best =
stuff.  They said Kensington cleaner, available at Staples.  She was =
told at Staples here in Winnipeg that they no longer carried Kensington, =
but had their own cleaner, Staples screen cleaner fluid, "made for most =
antiglare, LCD, and notebook screens and filters", "guaranteed 100%".  =
She asked specifically if it was ok to use on a desk  top monitor and =
told, yes.  She used on the laptop and it was sorta adequate, kind of =
smeary, but used Kensington Surface Guardian wipes, also purchased at =
Staples, to clean it off.  She then sprayed a little bit on the corner =
of our Sony Trinitron Multiscan E400 monitor.  It etched into the =
protective glare coat on the screen!! =20
      Was told by Staples to bring in the monitor.  Their reaction, was =
"Gosh, gee, never saw that before, your monitor is too old, (5 years is =
too old??) and too bad, here, we will sell you a new one!"  So now have =
a perfectly good monitor with a quarter screen which is very difficult =
to read through.  So heads up folks, be very careful of purchases at =
Staples........
      T. Gibson/S. Jensen.
      Note: copy to Staples.

      VISIT MY WEBSITE AT:
      http://troywoodintarsia.com

      Code of the West:
      ***A woman's heart is like a campfire.  If you***
      ***don't tend to it regular, you'll soon lose it. ***

    =20
            =20
    =20

2/16/2006