[TechAssist] Fw: Aiwa laser assemblies

  • From: "Jerry Mossburg" <mrcwmain@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 20 Nov 2002 08:36:16 -0600

From: Jerry Mossburg
To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Wednesday, November 20, 2002 8:27 AM
Subject: Aiwa laser assemblies

Have a couple of Aiwa compact stereos with laser problems. [won't read all CD's
or won't play if they do read it.] Bought a couple of the cheap generic laser
assemblies that are on the market[these use a KSS-213B] butspindle motors won't
spin after these are installed. Put the old assemblies back in and motors spin.
Bought the Sony original assembly, installed and still get the same problem,
disks won't spin up. This is the first time I have tried installing laser
assemblies, so I assume I must be doing something wrong. Don't have any service
lit., Has anyone else ran into this problem?  Models are CX-NA71 AND NSX-V2100.
Jerry Mossburg
Mossburg Repair Center
114 N 16th St.
Bethany, MO 64424