[TechAssist] Re: Fusible resistors

  • From: gulftech@xxxxxxxx
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 8 Oct 2004 08:22:02 -0500

Paul,

I have done so in many sets, but not all.  A certain supplier advertised
the Sony 0.1 ohm resistors at a very good price.  Flyer said Sony
originals.  I ordered 20.  What they sent was 0.1 ohm flameproof.  The
first time one of my techs used one it blew up like a firecracker.  True,
he had missed something in rebuilding the supply, but the Sony originals
will fail quietly and, I suspect, much quicker.  I threw the rest of the
resistors I got into the trash.

Have not used that supplier since then.

Ken Smith
Gulf Technical Services
3034 Gulf Breeze Parkway
Gulf Breeze, FL  32563
850-934-8324 (Voice), 850-932-0819 (fax)

----