[TechAssist] Re: Fusible resistors

  • From: Edward Gaidies <teltek3@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 8 Oct 2004 20:56:57 -0400

Bil;
As far as critical safety components..would you use a 1 ohm 25 watt
resistor to protect the AC.
Would you use a 4A slow blow...When we had Power Transformers in sets,
slow blows worked well, due to breakdowns in insulation.
Notice Slo-blows are no longer around (that's the ones that use to have
the little spring in them to take +10% of surge).
        There is so much on the Internet these days, research does wonders.;-)
-Ed-
Ed Gaidies
Tel-Tek Electronics
Ontario-Canada