[TechAssist] Re: Ford AM/FM/8-track car radio

  • From: "Peter oliver" <oliver_peter1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 24 Jan 2003 19:58:33 +0000

The head mechanism was my thought as well (unless it has one of the high
density heads that uses electonic switching). One question does the customer
have any 8-tracks? I find the problem with 8 tracks is the tapes if you fix
a customers machine you need to test all of their tapes because they will
bring it back because it ate a tape. They eat tapes because the tape is bad
either the pinch roller melts or the splice breaks. The majority of the
tapes I now see need refurbishing as the splices break on the first pass of
the head. As for the IC is it motorla IC or one they relabled.

Peter Oliver
Tuscon Radio TV

From: "david stereo exchange" <stex@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>