[TechAssist] Ford AM/FM/8-track car radio

  • From: "Webster TV" <webstertv@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 24 Jan 2003 13:11:31 -0600

Techs,

Anyone have a Sams AR-274(auto radio manual), that you could look up a part
# for me? I have this AM/FM/8-track car radio in for repair, that a guy
wants fixed because he's restoring this 1978 Ford. I have everything
repaired on it except it will only play tracks 3 & 4 on the 8-track. I've
traced the problem down to a IC in the 8-track circuit. The only # on the IC
is # T3D-1, and I tried crossing this # and found nothing. Oh, by the way
the radio is manufactured by Motorola, and the M# is 5LN4805. I have no idea
if parts will even be available for this age unit, but the owner wants me to
fix it if possible. Any help would be appreciated.

                                                 Dan Webster
                                                 Webster's TV
                                                 Shullsburg, Wi.

Submit A Repair Tip For Everyone Here: