[TechAssist] Fixed: RCA F36674ET CTC197CA Dead- just clicks once with powerpush

  • From: "Peter oliver" <oliver_peter1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 18 Oct 2003 02:19:33 +0000

Flyback with its accompaning parts was the ticket.

Peter Oliver
Tucson Radio TV

From: "Peter oliver" <oliver_peter1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [TechAssist] Re: RCA F36674ET CTC197CA Dead- just clicks once with
powerpush
Date: Fri, 10 Oct 2003 01:03:53 +0000

Definaitly looks that way, Flyback wont ring so another item on order. (rang
only 3 times)

Peter Oliver
Tucson Radio TV

From: Philip Bader <tjanphyl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
powerpush
Date: Tue, 07 Oct 2003 11:52:37 -0400

Last one we had for the "one click" issue was a bad fly.
Phil Bader

Peter oliver wrote:

  > RCA
  > F36674ET
  > CTC197CA
  >
  >           Set is dead with the exeption that it will click when the
power
is
  > pushed (only one click is heard, no appaent HV flux or degauss). Set
came
in
  > at the end of the day went back with some help tonight as was close to
the
  > shop to lift it onto the work bench to work on tommrow. Customer had
brought
  > it by about three months ago with simmilar complaint gave it back as
there
  > was no indication of fault at that time (ran perfectly for a week) Tried
  > tonight and it is out, Will have to see if the AC dries it out overnite,
  > (yes AC, this is Arizona highs are still in the 90's, athough there are
2
  > tropical storms moving in that might make it rain all week so humidtys
are
  > starting to rise, might be why it quit). Since alot  of you are up
earlier
  > with daylight savings time Though it would be a good question to forward
so
  > I might have a few ideas for the morning. Haven't seen too many CTC197's
  > yet......but failures seem to always come in 2's or 3's, Initial
impressions
  > would be to look at the coils near the HOT or a bad FBT but ideas would
be
  > appricated..
  >
  > Peter Oliver
  > Tucson Radio TV

  > Add MSN 8 Internet Software to your existing Internet access and enjoy
  > patented spam protection and more.  Sign up now!
  > http://join.msn.com/?page=dept/byoa

  > Classifieds! Buy or Sell!
  > http://sell.tech-assist.org
  > The Tech Address Book:

Philip Bader
Jan Phyl TV Inc. (estab. 1976)
3420 Recker Hwy. Winter Haven, Fl. 33880
Fax (863) 299-8821
email: tjanphyl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
For Professional Technicians Only

Classifieds! Buy or Sell!
http://sell.tech-assist.org

Share your photos without swamping your Inbox.  Get Hotmail Extra Storage

Classifieds! Buy or Sell!
http://sell.tech-assist.org

Surf and talk on the phone at the same time with broadband Internet access.
Get high-speed for as low as $29.95/month (depending on the local service
providers in your area).  https://broadband.msn.com

Classifieds! Buy or Sell!
http://sell.tech-assist.org