[TechAssist] Fixed- Quasar SP2019DV dead-very dead

  • From: "Peter oliver" <oliver_peter1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 22 Jan 2003 01:43:24 +0000

Thanks Dan,
       That wasn't the problem exactly but, it was the right area. There was
a 470uf @ 16V just off D001 that had shorted and killed the power. Replacing
the cap fixed the set.

Peter Oliver
Tucson Radio TV

From: "Webster TV" <webstertv@xxxxxxx>
To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [TechAssist] Re: Quasar SP2019DV dead-very dead
Date: Mon, 20 Jan 2003 13:13:46 -0600

Peter,

Check and see if you have the standby 12v on the cathode of diode D001(part
# ERA15-01), D001 is located off of the secondary of  transformer
T001(standby).If there is no 12v standby voltage, check D001 first. I had a
set this past fall that was completely dead from storm damage and this 12v
standby voltage was real low. D001 checked OK. Found pins 22 & 61 of
IC001(MPU)(#MN1873265T9G) shorted to ground. Also found shorted diode
011( #MA165 or NTE519), the cathode of D011 should hook up to the same trace
as the cathode of D001, but after jumper JS012. Replacing IC001 and diode
D011, brought the TV back to life, but you couldn't turn the set on or off
right, with the power switch. I found defective transistor Q001(#MSD601) in
the on/off relay circuit, that solved this problem. Q001 is a printed
circuit mounted transistor on the bottom of the chassis. I have the
panasonic schematic for this set, but no way of scanning it for you.

                                                   Dan Webster
                                                   Webster's TV
                                                   Shullsburg, Wi.