[TechAssist] Fix:Zenith TV Model Z32X31D,chassis 9-1812.

  • From: jorge miret <jorge_miret@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 7 Oct 2003 10:19:27 -0700 (PDT)

Thanks to everyone that replied,this beast was fixed.Original problem was:
Unit was dead,not even a chirping sound from P.S.when set was connected to line
voltage.
Found Diode DX3207 shorted and DX3201 broken in half.After cheking for
something else that could cause these diodes to fail and found nothing,procede
to replace DX3207 with NTE# 525 and DX3201 with NTE#552 because did not have
the correct replacement for DX3201 (NTE#116),then TV turn on ok but I got  a
little of pincushion,not too much,when replace the DX3201 with
NTE#116,everything just worked fine.I tested for 2 days to make sure.
Thanks again to everyone that help me on this one,
Jorge.

Jorge Miret-Puerto Rico
J.C.Electronic Repairs
Tel:787-761-0920