[TechAssist] Re: Fisher FVH-6500

  • From: "Jeff Dougherty" <jeff@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 20 Jan 2002 10:10:52 -0500

Shaun,
Does the tension arm pull all the way out?
If not, look for:
PLASTIC UNDERNEATH CASSETTE FLAP OPEN OR BROKEN
I can't picture exactly what this tip is referring to, but maybe you can
looking at the unit.

Jeff

Intrepid Video & Electronics
501 Luther Rd
Harrisburg PA 17111 (FAX)1-413-280-0677
www.intrepid-video.com www.tech-repair.net www.thetoolcaddy.com
mailto:jeff@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

From: "Shaun" <ssroark@xxxxxxxx>
To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [TechAssist] Fisher FVH-6500
Date: Sat, 19 Jan 2002 22:44:34 -0700

Hello, This unit is very strange it will work fine for about 5 min then
it
stops just like someone pushed stop, but when I push play it will take
the
tape up to the head and then go right back to the stop position. I
checked
the mode switch and cleaned it no change, but if I remove the power for
about 10 min it will work again for about 5 min and then do it again.
All
the power suply voltages are right and stay the same. This is and older
vcr
so dont want to spend to much time but the customer will pay for a basic

fix.

Shaun

SUBJECT field to the address above.