[TechAssist] Re: Fisher AMP CA-9025...DEAD**more info

  • From: "Jim Myers" <jr.myers@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2001 10:53:22 -0500

Jeff, I have a microfisch manual, can't print or fax it. The power switch
turns on the standby 12v for the relay and is regulated to 5v by Q501 for
the microprocessor IC701. Pin 64 of IC701 should have 5v thru Q701 which is
used as a diode, 5v to the base and emiter, collector to pin 64. IC701 pins
19 and 20 are the xtal osc, pin 21 is reset, pin 47 is PROTECT NOT if you
follow the meaning, pin 48 is PWR RELAY, pin 49 is SPKR RELAY.
Pin 48 must go high to turn on Q502 power relay driver. Something has to
tell the micro to output a high at pin 48 to turn the unit on from standby
mode, I have a picture of it in mind and I think it is a switch to the right
of the lcd display that is called power standby, when pressed it should turn
the system on including the ac outlets on back to provide ac to the other
parts of the system. If pin 47, PROTECT NOT is low this may keep it from
turning on. IC701 is under the lcd display on the front panel pc board as I
recall.
Is this any help?
Jim Myers
jr.myers@xxxxxxxxxxx