[TechAssist] Re: FYI 2SC4834 Sony power supply transistors Q601,Q602

  • From: "majorthom@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <majorthom@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 8 Nov 2003 19:57:19 -0800 (PST)

I want to jump in on this while it's being discussed.I want to check my p/s
alone and need a suggested load for the 135vdc.I tried two 60w light bulbs in
series but think the impedance was too low as the 4834's ran too hot.Also I
wasn't aware of the hdt soldering or connection problem....................Any
tips?.Pete
Kevin <kevintv@xxxxxxx> wrote:I have seen quite a number of Sony's that have
the bad VDR and the
shorted C4834's. When the HOT goes (not as common), then the VDR is not
involved--only the transistors and resistors in the P/S. I live in an
area where there are a lot of power outages and possible surges. I
believe that the power surges damage the VDR(s) over time.

Kevin Wilks
Kevin's TV & Video Repair
Penticton BC Canada
kevintv@xxxxxxx