[TechAssist] Re: FYI 2SC4834 Sony power supply transistors Q601,Q602

  • From: "becyn" <becyn@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 7 Nov 2003 20:46:46 -0500

We have NEVER used matched pairs in power supply, just the same lot numbers
.
It is very important to change the three vdrs and the resistor.
This has been a ZERO FAILURE strategy for us.
What will kill the supply is failing to resolder the H drive transformer and
changing the H out (which caused the problem in the first place).

The higher gain transistors will run cooler due to a faster di/dt
transition. I don't think it's worth all the effort though.
Time is money!

Jim McVey
McVey Alltronix
327 Broadway