[TechAssist] FW: Zenith SJ2071, 9-1053, Sams 3081

  • From: "art bevilacqua" <abevilac@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 11 Nov 2001 00:31:00 -0500

This set came in with all channels lower than 23 completely washed out
with herring bone video and no sound (mute indication comes in and goes
out). Direct video and audio inputs work perfectly. The items prior to
the video switching chip (if transistor, if IC, and video amp) have
essentially correct voltages. L1211 (between two pins of the IF IC)
looked as though it's slug was backed way out, so I moved that a bit and
now have faint video, as though behind a gauze screen, and faint audio.

I think this is chassis series C3 (it's a two-board chassis, the left
side (viewing from rear) is 9-1053), but don't have an exact schematic.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Art Bevilacqua
Essex Radio and TV
40 Main Street