[TechAssist] Re: FW: Re: magnavox fluid changing

  • From: "Damon" <DAMON101@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 9 Feb 2002 11:51:18 -0500

I think the RCA's being sealed at the factory are probably sealed in a Clean
Room. I suppose the same is true for Magnavox. Does that bleach solution
help to remove the mold from the plastic "sphere shaped" lens inside the
coolant chamber? You can't remove that film sometimes, and I certainly
wouldn't try to use a Scotch pad or Brillo pad as it would scratch that
lens. I generally just scrape it with my thumbnail. (I should check that
against the Hardness Index. Thumbnail < Plastic < Feldspar??? Barkeepers
Friend is made of Feldspar which you can use to Clean windshields, not gonna
try that with plastic either...)

Damon Brunger
damon101@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Telrad Electronic Services