[TechAssist] Re: (FIXED)Sanyo ds35590 Lightning no video

  • From: "Terry J Hutchison" <sony1@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: "techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>,"techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2004 15:47:03 -0500

OK, I got a bad chip in from suburban electronics the LA76170N I replaced
with one I ordered for this set was bad right out of the bag.  I ordered a
couple so I would have stock.  Pulled the first one out and replaced with
the other and got the video back.  Sure am glad they weren't both bad or I
would have been chasing my tail worse than I was.  Thanks anyway to all.
Terry

came in dead from storm damage.  Repaired short in rect set turned on but
no video and rastor was up about 4 inchs from bottom.  Found D312 and then
D489 shorted replaced those and now I have a full rastor.  I have OSD and
audio from tuner and AV jacks in back but no video from tuner or AV's.
Turning up G2 have slick rastor and retrace.
>     Afraid I might be going in circles now, can anyone tell me if D1008
and D1009 should show dead short in circuit?  I changed ic's 101 and 801
with no change to symptom.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks
Terry

-