[TechAssist] Re: FIXED Symphonic W13TVCRG, 13" TV/VCR, shuts down after 10 seconds

  • From: "J Silverman" <greentron@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 14 May 2004 16:37:05 -0400

The vcrs with prisms, mirrors, light pipes, etc need very high ouput, narrow
beam, infra red LEDs. The LED gets weaker with hours operating so one that
was adequate at first may not be so after a while. Another servicer on a
different list clued us in to the Liteon LTE4208, about $17US per hundred,
which we purchased from Digi-Key (part no. 160-1029-ND). We have used it to
successfully replace all those different types for several years with no
problems. Including the smaller LEDs used in Sharp, Goldstar, Zenith, by
discarding the holder.
Jerry Silverman
Greentron Inc
4 Newland Ave