[TechAssist] FIXED: Sony KP57XBR10W dead

  • From: "Tony S" <tcselectronics@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2005 19:13:01 -0600

I gave up on trying to fix the D board and sony discontinued the board so PTS
and Tristate would not fix. Sent board to Sony to rebuild and the said replaced
flyback and tested. Dont know how the flyback was loading down the supply when
both outputs were disconnected at the collector.. Go figure. Well set now
running fine.
Tony Saracco
TCS ELECTRONICS
406 Andra Ct.
Gilberts, IL 60136
tcselectronics@xxxxxxxxx

Hi guys,

This sony is dead has no power supply secondary on audio or main, no code given
just constant blink.A relay is heard at power plug in. I found that if I
disconnect the plug with 135v , -15,+15 supplies the power supply will come up.
at proper voltages .there is no shorts on any supplies or sub supplies off the
main, the convergence modules have been disconnected and the vert out has been
disconnected still the supply is loaded. if the horiz output and scan output
are disconnected at collector the B+ is still low about 90v but if the +15,
-15v supply are disconnected at supply the B+ comes up. just cant seem to find
anything shorted. Any ideas appreciated.

thanks,

Tony Saracco
TCS ELECTRONICS
406 Andra Ct.