[TechAssist] [ FIXED ] RCA F35731MB CTC169JS6 - Shuts off when signal source is connected.

  • From: "LeRoy Westlund" <llw@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 1 Jun 2005 07:04:00 -0600

That fixed it , Wayne !
The emitter voltage was reading .16 with no signal, & .24 with signal.
The voltage on pin 3 was .75 with no signal, &.11 with signal.

The emitter .18 ohm 2 watt resistor (out of a junked chassis) brought my
Emitter voltage down to (.10 & .18), and brought the voltage on pin-3 to
(.05 & .08).
The two other resistors were both within tolorance, so I didn't have to
replace them.
I couldn't measure the .18 ohm resistor, cause I don't have a meter that
will read that low.
All voltages are now correct, and stable. Unit has been running with a
perfect picture now for 1/2 hour.

Thanks to "All" the techs that took the time to responded to my problem.
You were all very helpful. I couldn't have fixed this one without your help.
I really appreciate all the techs on this list.

Thanks, again.
LLW

LeRoy Westlund
Westlund TV & Electronics
97 North Main                             " I forgot,..to remember,..
Centerfield, UT 84622-0087           to forget "
Ph./Fax  435-528-3822
mailto:LLW@xxxxxxxxxx