[TechAssist] FIXED Philips PC6220 C121 Ch 20U6 Channel One set, shuts down

  • From: Bill Boyd <billstvs@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 22 Jan 2003 17:24:32 -0600

B+and high voltage were normal so I lifted one end of R273 to disable shut
down.
Found  Q540 one of the shutdown transistors shorted, still shut down with
signal.
Second time testing everything found Z564 15V zener diode (over beam current
protection circuit) checked good but zenered at a lower voltage.
Replacing Q540 and Z564 restored normal operation.

Bill
Bill's TV Service
Sulphur Springs, TX