[TechAssist] Re: FIXED Magnavox XS2552 C102, chassis 25P613-00AA, blows HOT immediately, need to know value of B+

  • From: "Damon" <damon101@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 21 May 2004 19:23:18 -0500

Heyyyy.....now that makes sense!!!  Increased frequency may fit with my
theory which I copied here:

OK Kevin, after looking over your post and thinking about "Why would this
bad timing cap cause the HOT to short immediately after  turning the set
off?" I realized one thing that's missing when you turn it off......the
horiz drive pulse.

Now the one thing I was having problems with was "Why didn't the damper
diode absorb the negative portion of the retrace pulse....which normally
kills the HOT???

Now imagine if you will (I said that before..didn't I?) increased frequency
, and a diode damper whose trr (turn on switching time) is slow enough to
not be able to turn on due to the higher frequency......and the transistor's
horiz drive signal helped to dissipate that when it was running and wasn't
present only during turn-off.....Huh?? Huh?? Whaddya think? I wonder if this
TV could run for hours and only dies when turned off....if so I think we
have a winner here....

Damon Brunger
Telrad Electronic Services
Ft Wayne, IN 46815