[TechAssist] Re: FIXED Electrohome PROJ60, chassis QV11,set goes into shutdown

  • From: Kevin <kevintv@xxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 22 Apr 2004 23:58:34 -0700

Fix was R507, and D501, a damper diode in the horizontal circuit.  These
2 parts were damaged when I disconnected plug RW (the 15 volt line to
the input signal board), which somehow disabled the shutdown circuit and
allowed the set to come on with HV.  I smelled something burning and it
was R507 which cracked D501 in half.  They were connected in series.
Now set has perfect linearity and no more pin cushion on the right side.

Kevin Wilks
Kevin's TV & Video Repair
Penticton BC Canada
kevintv@xxxxxxx