[TechAssist] [ FIXED ] Broksonic TV / DVD model SC975 - Dead set.

  • From: "LeRoy Westlund" <llw@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "TechAssist" <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 9 Dec 2003 12:26:38 -0700

Thanks to Glen L., Jeff D., Eugene S., and Mark W.
There are TWO diodes in parallel (D3823, and D3824), that drives the standby
voltage ICs., and only ONE of them was shorted. **** Fix was to replace BOTH
diodes with some from a junked chassis. I used the ones from the secondary
side of the SMPS txfmr. on a junked Panasonic TV chassis. Set run cool,
after leaving plugged in
over night, so I'm sure it will hold.

Comments:
The key here, is to use fast switching diodes of the same wattage.
I'm not sure who built this set. It has an Orion CRT, but the chassis could
be Toshiba, cause Jeff, found some similar problems, and part numbers, by
doing a fix search on his Tech CD. I couldn't cross the Toshiba numbers, so
I elected to take everybodies advice, and try the used parts from the junked
Panasonic TV, which turned out to be a good idea.

Thanks to all those who helped.
LLW

LeRoy Westlund
Westlund TV & Electronics              I've heard it said:
93 North Main                             "that a fool never learns"
Centerfield, UT 84622-0087     It kinda reminds me of me.
Ph./Fax  435-528-3822
mailto:LLW@xxxxxxxxxx