[TechAssist] FIMI - Philips FSR871CV computer monitor Dead {expanded }

  • From: "Peter oliver" <oliver_peter1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 14 Apr 2003 19:35:51 +0000

FIMI - Philips Computer monitor
Model: FSR871CV     (20/21" ) (looks like trintron screen)
Manufactured Italy June 1994
UL # 18C9

This may also be cross listed as half a dozen diffrent models including
C2082DAS and others amoung several differnt brand names and model numbers.
--This is a possible cross list for this 20? monitor PHILLIPS C2082DAS
(PCXAU-F) same as DEC FSR871CV, COMPAQ 480/480p/481, QVISION 200, DIGITAL
2038 or FIMI GZM 1323

        Dead--no high voltage, base display indcates Gen Fault. Some testing
finds no blown fuses that I can detect. V815 is shorted it is a THD400 Which
the closes reference is a 1500V 16A switching transistor... A web search
shows evidence of some history of this problem but no one is talking (ERAUS
shows a lot but don't have a subcription to it if any one does and can look
it up that would be appreciated). This monintor was given to me by my
brother-in-law after it failed so finally had some free time to dig into it.
Anyone have a schematic and/or a repair Senerio for this one. Nightmare
construction on this one, board, layouts and multiple sheild layers..
Help! This one is a hard one. Did find one sugestion on the web about
replacing the transistor with a C3998 (B&D $19.75 its a 1500V 25A
transistor) pulling a diode replacing an IRF730 removing capaciotrs and
replacing one with a jumper but also found counter indications too.
IDEAs???

Peter Oliver
Tucson Radio TV