[TechAssist] Re: F36649 CTC203ca5 need info on comb filter board.

  • From: larry <schntv@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 05 May 2004 17:55:02 -0400

i have many times wondered if i am missing something with this
thing.
it can reset an eprom. ok.
but i can install a new 2 dollar eprom quicker than i can hook
up all the cables and the computer.
i only used it to make rca happy with the warranty numbers.
i called tech line one day for advice on convergence and they
advised to do it with out the computer.
lol
so often it shuts down the sets for me and then i must reboot
everything .
very time consuming to get an answer that the buss is shorted.
duhhhhh
I must be missing something!
larry

Intrepid Video Support wrote:
> Al,
> Your chipper checker is down, too?
> I see a lot of that going around. I wonder if RCA put some kind of timer in
> these to cause them to
> malfunction after a certain amount of time.
> I used mine about 3 times in 6 month and that was it.
> Jeff
> --
> Intrepid Video TV/VCR Repair
> 263 S Front St, Steelton PA 17113
> 717-939-7708; (F) 717-564-4952
> www.intrepid-video.com  www.tech-repair.net

Schneider TV & Electronic Inc.
5415 N. Wooster ave.
Dover, Ohio 44622       www.geocities.com/schntv2000/
330-343-0768         FCC. first class & Extra class K8WLY