[TechAssist] Re: Epson Printer - WON'T PRINT

  • From: Lloyd Pearson <Lloyd@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2001 21:00:27 +1300

Try a few drops of water on top of the pump sponge to ensure the pump is
working,
and note whether ink is being sucked through the jets to recolour the sponge
again.
If the sponge gets recoloured, then jets aren't blocked.  Some models have a
hole at the
left end of the carriage bay where ink is squirted during the clean cycle.
A piece of white tissue
down the hole will tell you if the head is ejecting ink.

with  unsubscribe  in the subject line.