[TechAssist] Re: Emerson HOT running hot & shorting.

  • From: "Vilhelm Boor" <villyboor@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 16 Jan 2003 10:07:33 0000

Villy Boor
 Boorelec Durban
  I tend to agree with Cliff as to reason, a lot of the transistors we seem to
be getting are low grade and can do this. The reasons a transistor will get hot
with time is usually a diode in the multiplier within the transformer, timing
capacitors and dry joints are wham bam faults. If you are sure of it try my
trick, use 2 in parallel a very old Philips config. No need to increase
heatsinks as they run cool to cold.