[TechAssist] Re: Emerson Combo EWC1901

  • From: John at Main TV <maintv@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 01 Jul 2003 13:44:15 -0600

I believe that model is a U23 mechanism which makes it equivalent to a
CCC190.  You can verify that by looking at the load motor, it is much
shorter, 20 MM (3/4 inch).  I have heard that the cylinder motor-load
motor drive IC IC281 is a common problem.  The logic input is pin 9 and
the load motor outputs are 2 and 4.  Vcc  (+12v) is on pin 1.  John.

peggs wrote:
> This thing is made by Funai,and it looks like I must get parts
> from them as well.
> Powers Up, then Kills Power a few seconds later.
> The Loading Motor runs in one Direction(Load) only.
> The voltage on the Motor never changes Polarity(Unload).
> I cleaned the Mode switch.................... 2 times.
> I can travel the Mechanics in and out by hand just fine,so
> nothing is in a bind.
>
> My Second thought was,LED/Prism/Sensors, but if they were
> bad I could at least get it to Eject.The Motor Polarity never changes
> to the Unload/Eject Polarity.
> Plus the Motor never stops being 'driven',it loads all the way,Voltage
> Drops to 0v,then tries to drive in the same direction again(Load),then
> Kills Power.
>
> This Motor is Driven by a SM IC, BD6655FP.
> Can't find a Pin-out,so I don't know which Pins are Input(drive) from
> Micro.
>
> Anyone have a Service Manual on this Emerson ???
> WinStips says it's similar to a CCB194(Philips/Mag)
>
> Peggs
> Peggs' Electronics
> 1519 West 2nd Street
> Owensboro,KY 42301
> 270-926-4968
> fax 270-686-7399
> peggs@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

> CHECK OUT THE NEW CHATROOM! Just login and click on chat!
> The Tech Address Book:

John Mielke
Main TV
Longmont,Co 80501