[TechAssist] Re: Emerson Combo EWC1901

  • From: "J Silverman" <greentron@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 1 Jul 2003 14:47:21 -0400

Input is pin 9. Supposed to sit at 2.5 volts, so I guess higher and lower
makes it run one direction or the other. If that 2.5 volts is from a square
wave the they must use duty cycle or some other coding for the logic. Have
the same model in for service. Display says eject no matter where I put the
mechanism but the motor does not run and the power shuts off. Already
changed the mode switch and checked the mechanism. If I thread it up all the
way and plug it in the loading motor runs back and forth just a little and
the drum and capstan run. Power stays on just long enough for me to see the
crt OSD so I know power and deflection are OK. Have ordered the loading
motor/cylinder driver IC from Funai as next step. Philips and Hitachi may be
using the same stuff so you might try one of their distributors if you dont
want to order from Funai.
Jerry Silverman
Greentron Inc
4 Newland Ave