[TechAssist] Electrohome 69ck02-clicking on/off

  • From: "Ian Scott" <service.depot@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Techassist" <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 4 Jan 2002 10:08:44 -0500

Hello folks, I have a TV that clicks on/off when I hit the power button.
If I short the power relay contacts it runs ok.  There are two
transistors that drive the power relay coil.  I replaced them, the unit
started to work and worked for several days (until my customer took it
home, then it quit working).
I have replaced the power relay, a capacitor (220ufd/10v) right next to
power relay, and checked resistors in and around the circuit.  I thought
I had repaired it after I replaced the capacitor, because it started
working again, and continued to work for several hours.  The next
morning it was back to the same on/off fault.
The base of the first transistor stays at .6 volts after the power
button is pressed, but the second transistor's base is changing, which
powers the relay on/off.  I do not have a schematic.
I appreciate any help.

Thanks in advance,
Ian Scott
Service Depot