[TechAssist] Re: Electrohome 33CJ11, dark picture,picture tube is good

  • From: Kevin <kevintv@xxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 04 Jun 2003 15:28:33 -0700

Yes, video is present at the base of each transistor, and the Y
component as well.  Yes the collectors for the transistors are 220
volts.  Screen voltage is 417 volts and when I increase it, all I get is
a muddy picture with retrace lines.  Onscreen display is working fine.
Customer said picture went dark over a period of days.  Almost sounds
like a cap is failing slowly.  Tony, I checked C213 and it tests good
for ESR.

Kevin Wilks
Kevin's TV & Video Repair
Penticton BC Canada