[TechAssist] ESCALERA - Lifts for Shop use?

  • From: "Dan Garris" <dgarris@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2003 23:57:24 -0500

Fellow repair shops/techs,

I've been seriously considering the purchase of an Escalera Stair Climbing
Handtruck for sometime. These sets are getting heavier/larger every year!
I'd really be interested in comments from other tv-repair shops that use an
Escalera and which Model and features you use. I've watched their video and
studied there website and talked with them over the phone already and I
realize that there are many other similiar products out there - however I
personally like the fact that I can add/upgrade different features, etc.
I've been researching and studying for the purchase of a good lift that will
help me and my back! I just want one good dependable lift for getting these
heavy sets off the customers truck and into the shop by myself. Also I
really like the feature of being able to lift a PTV or heavy set by myself
and work on it while it is on still on the lift. I do not offer a
pick-up/deleivery service however with a lift like this Escalera - That
could be something I could offer in the future - or just for those jobs I
decide to do! Also if I do a P/U and have to go up/down a set of stairs,
with the stair-climbing feature, I will not hesitate in doing the
service-call. Their website suggests and recommends the model RLA-HC
(stair-climbing hand truck with a hand-crank lift) with the LPA lift plate
attachment. Any shop have one? I am very interested in your comments?

Dan Garris
GARRIS TV
3104 Neuse Blvd.
New Bern, NC 28560
Ph: (252) 638-4477
DGarris@xxxxxxxxxxx

Has one of the new viruses infected your computer?  Find out with a FREE
online computer virus scan from McAfee. Take the FreeScan now!

Classifieds! Buy or Sell!
http://sell.tech-assist.org