[TechAssist] EMERSOM MS1980 NO sound, HV OK

  • From: "Fernand Goguen" <fgoguen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 2 May 2002 15:45:22 -0300

Went on a service call for a complaint of tv clicking off when either vol. up
or dn was depressed either on the remote or front panel of tv. Opening up the
set I found C507 100uf 160 volts had leaked and had eaten traces on circuit
board. Replaced with 250 volts I had on hand. Set played for 2 hours and went
out again. This time it would not come onwhen I used remote or front panel
switches. I resoldered  around scr and other parts in horiz section. I now have
H.V. but no picture, no sound. Heater does not light. I have a regulator IC402
7809 and I do not have any voltage at input or output. I would appreciate a
scan of this set or if someone could tell me where the b+ for the above IC
comes off the scan derived voltages.
FERNAND GOGUEN
GOGUEN TV SERVICE
fgoguen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx