[TechAssist] Dell Inspiron 1150 Laptop motherboard problem

  • From: CGRIFF4000@xxxxxxx
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 6 Nov 2005 14:23:24 EST

         I have a Dell Inspiron 1150 laptop with a bad motherboard. This
laptop shutsdown for no reason, or sometimes won't even start. This can happen
weather the unit is hot or cold, battery or A/C. I know this is a very common
problem with this motherboard. I have found the repair tips for the 5150 to
repair a similar problem, but this is not the same. I found out that there is 1
or
2 CMOS chips on the motherboard that cause this, but I have not found out
which ones. I figured mabey one of you has seen and resolved this issue with
one
of these units.
Thank you,
Chad Griffiths