[TechAssist] Re: Dead set

  • From: "Webster TV" <webstertv@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2002 09:34:44 -0600

Jeff,
The original Reg. transister was #198752 which had the same baseing as the
original transister in the set. The last few times I've ordered the #198752
my distributor has said this transister now subs to a #185197. There is
instructions in with the #185197 that tells you it may be based differently.
I believe instead of E-B-C the new one is E-C-B, so in answer to your
question you do have to change the leads. I just slip a piece of heat shrink
tubing on to one of the leads to make sure they don't touch one another.

                                Dan Webster
                                Webster's TV
                                Shullsburg, Wi.