[TechAssist] Re: DISHNET PROBLEMS

  • From: Kenneth M Smith <gulftech@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 5 May 2004 19:09:36 -0500

Jim,

What a great point!

I did business with xxxx Video for maybe two years.  Went to each of
their seven area stores, picked up their VCR's, repaired and returned
them to the location.  I charged nothing for p/u and delivery, guaranteed
two-day service (unless parts had to be ordered), and charged them rates
I charged for in-shop service.

The regional manager was constantly losing invoices and would ask me to
fax copies to her.  I never would get paid for at least 60 days, and it
always required several calls to even get that.  The last straw came when
bills were behind between 90-120 days.  When I got payment, there was
nothing paid under 60 days.

I called and told her I expected payment for all invoices immediately and
would no longer deal with the company.

Most of us have accounts where it takes between 30-60 days to receive
payment.  Heck, we do the same with our charge cards, although somewhat
less time.  The key is the payment is regular and there is not a large
hassle every time to get paid.  I learned my lesson.  Don't know what
that manager did with her VCR's after I quit them.  Don't care.

Ken Smith
Gulf Technical Services
3034 Gulf Breeze Parkway
Gulf Breeze, FL  32563
850-934-8324 (voice)  850-932-0819 (fax)

-

-
> ---
> > http://www.freelists.org/archives/techassist/