[TechAssist] Re: DAEWOO 710B FCC C5F7NFCMC1710B * No HV*

  • From: Kevin <kevinstv@xxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 04 Nov 2002 21:04:18 -0800

Good first name, Kevin!

Is that resistor off of the ABL line on the flyback?  If so, then the
diodes in the flyback are shorted.  Had this same problem with a 17"
Daytek monitor.  This one blew the hot first, then I replaced the hot,
the HV started to come up and then 2 resistors started to burn up.  Then
I phoned Daytek and they told me that the flyback was gone--shorted
diodes in flyback.

Kevin Wilks
Kevin's TV & Video Repair
Penticton BC Canada