[TechAssist] Curtis Mathes(Magnavox) Model# CMRSK410 AKO2 B/S Green too bright.

  • From: walter wood <wwood_38478@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 4 Feb 2002 12:20:30 -0800 (PST)

Started out dead set. Replaced C460 on EMU117.
I can't find a chassis no. anywhere but this set is
very similar to the PTV 376 and 340 and 410.
Picture was awful, so I proceeded to change the
cooling fluid.
I found the green crt to be burned.
The whole picture area was VERY dark. I put in
another tube(out of a similar set, not the same
no.), and filled up the fluid.
The green tube is very bright even with the screen
control turned all the way down. I did not leave it
on for long.
I don't think the problem is with the subbed tube,
as the origional green tube was fried.
No schematic so I compared resistance readings on
the crt boards.
A discrepency is on pin 10.
Both the blue and red read 13 meg ohms to ground
with the crt board disconnected from the crt.
The green socket reads 6meg to ground on pin 10,
disconnected.
This is a big difference and probably the reason
the tube is too bright.
Does anyone have a schematic, and/or can advise me
of what to look for? The crt board no's are
00APT081-A001.
Thanks
Walter

=====