[TechAssist] Re: Corrected repost: I need volume control for Sherwood S-7100A stereo receiver

  • From: jmgoins.tn@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 09 Oct 2001 02:13:28 -0400

I just want to add that I did get a reply today from Sherwood USA, and the
pot is no longer available from them.
Mike Goins   jmgoins.tn@xxxxxxxxxxx

At 02:07 AM 10/8/01 -0400, you wrote:
>I apologize for the 2AM typo, but the receiver that I need the pot for is a
>S-7100A instead of the S7000. 
>I have since found "Sherwood USA." but I have gotten no replies from them
>yet, and may not be related in any way but name.
>In case anyone needs them, their address is:
>I looked in my old SAMS cross reference, and this should be in MHF-84
>My original post with the corrected model number is:
> I need to locate a volume control or replacement (with switch if possible,
>but not mandatory) for a Sherwood model S-7100A
>stereo receiver. It is a dual 100k pot, but it also has an extra tap in the
>middle of the resistor material. It apparently uses it as it was hooked up.
>(tip be stingy if you ever spray one of these, as the switch comes unglued.)
>  If you have one of these in your junkbox or NOS, and would like to sell
>it, please e-mail me directly at the address below. If you know of parts
>vendors for this Sherwood, please email everyone.
>If anyone has any experience with these, I would appreciate any information
>about what the extra taps are used for. (I suspect some sort of feedback
>Mike Goins   jmgoins.tn@xxxxxxxxxxx
>Help make your TechAssist online repair tips 
>database better!  Submit your fixes here: 
>To unsubscribe write to:
>with  unsubscribe  in the subject line.
>Incoming mail is certified Virus Free.
>Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com).
>Version: 6.0.282 / Virus Database: 150 - Release Date: 9/25/01

Help make your TechAssist online repair tips 
database better!  Submit your fixes here: 
To unsubscribe write to:
with  unsubscribe  in the subject line.

Other related posts: