[TechAssist] Re: Computer question: unnecessary files

  • From: Ed Gaidies <teltek3@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 18 Dec 2004 19:01:41 -0500

Peter;
Stands to reason. Zone-Alarm continually checks input to your LAN.
So if it slows your Internet traffic...it's expected.
        You could try fine tuning your Firewall to allow known places you
visit to allow these...Either that and go to a Router..with your own
Firewall, and delete Zone-Alarm.

Disclaimer;
Be advised that the above comes from a User. Windows and Mac OSX.
I do not profess that advice is legitimate, or correct. Use at your own
risk.