[TechAssist] Computer problem.Will not recognize hard drive

  • From: armando guerra <birdie@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 27 Sep 2004 14:49:06 -0700

I bought this computer about 2 months ago from a friend and its been
working good until last night. He said he had it built by shop here in
town about 3yrs ago.It has win.xp professional. It was working fine
until I installed a Kodak printer (not a new one) last night. I did some
printing for about 1 hr,left it alone for awhile and when I came back to
use it again,there was wording that there was a fatal error and that
win. would shutdn.
I tried to reboot and it say's (Disk Boot Failure) Insert system disk
and push enter but I don't have this (system disk). When its booting
up,I press delete to go to setup and then go to try to get the HD to
auto detect and it will not.How can I get this computer to get working
order again? If I get it going again,I think that I will uninstall the
printer,just in case it is causing the problem.I sure would apreciate
some help in getting my computer working again. Thank you very much.
Mando
Birdie's TV & Electronics
Casa  Grande, AZ