[TechAssist] Re: Computer help needed--Problem Solved

  • From: "becyn" <becyn@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 5 Apr 2004 12:35:44 -0400

FBT's fail all the time due to the HV stress. etc. Even if  the freq's did
get scrambled, it wont do anything much more than an out of sync pix
(internal defaults that can't sync up).

Besides, monitors often have a discrete H deflection driver to accomodate
the various operating frequencies and the FBT runs at it's own multiple.

If you want to check the settings beforehand, restart the computer in "safe
mode" by hitting "F8" duing reboot. This will set the monitor to a very low
resolution mode. Then check the display settings.

Jim McVey
McVey Alltronix
327 Broadway
Newburgh Ny 12550