[TechAssist] Re: Computer help needed

  • From: "J Silverman" <greentron@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 26 Mar 2004 15:56:49 -0500

Maybe my post on this subject did not get through. Had the same problem some
time ago. Computer expert told me to unplug the video card from the computer
and let the computer boot up. After the computer has finished booting up,
shut it down by removing the power. Then plug the video card back in and
boot up again. When you boot up without the video card, Windows will
uninstall it. When you boot up with the card back in, Windows will
re-install it, but with the default parameters, which should operate any
monitor that has the right connector. Worked for us!
Jerry Silverman
Greentron Inc
4 Newland Ave
Greenville SC 29609