[TechAssist] Re: Computer help.

  • From: "David Lessard" <mr_fixit@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 10 Nov 2005 20:53:06 -0500

Good points Gary, also you can't just slap in another hard drive from
another system because the drivers, configuration, etc. are all for the
system the hard drive came out of. Check the points Gary mentions especially
setting up the boot drive as the master drive. You still may have to use
EZ-Drive to allow the motherboard to even see the hard drive, then you
should beable to format it. I'd do this stuff in DOS first then for sure
Windows should see the hard drive when all is done. Good luck.

David Lessard
mr_fixit@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Alexandria, Ontario, Canada