[TechAssist] Computer help.

  • From: armando guerra <birdie@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 10 Nov 2005 17:58:53 -0700

My neighbor has an older computer with win 95,1.2gig hd and its just
about full.She likes this computer alot because its easy to run,compared
to win xp and others.I am not a computer savey guy so I would apreciate
some help.Her hd is just about full.She uses the computer for small
stuff i,e, email and navigating the internet.Here is where I need some
help.Her daughter gave her a 6 gig hd (somebody told her that was the
max she could use)because of the age of the comp.Its a new western
digital brand of hd.There is no paper work with the hd at all.I
installed it last night as a slave (I did move the jumpers to slave
position) and when I put it all together,it boots up but It never brings
up the win 95.
It just sits there and say"s "wait" for the longest time and stay's
there.I can restart it again and it does the same thing,just say's
wait.I thing that the bios is not seeing the new hd but don't know.Like
I say,don't know much about computers.I am i missing some software that
comes along with the new hd or what?If I disconnect the new hd and just
use the old one,everything goes back to normal.loads win 95 and all is
ok.Can I go to the western digital website and dnload something that
will help in installing this new hd?I would apreciate all the help that
I can get from you computer smart guy's and gal's.Thanks.
Mando
AZ
PS  Is there a website that I can go to where I can learn more about
upgrading a computer?