[TechAssist] Re: Computer hard drive failures??

  • From: Bil Green <tv.vcrrepair@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: becyn <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2005 18:49:04 -0800

Well, it would be nice to find that the drives can be fixed up using
the correct utility. We sure don't want viruses that ruin HDs.

A few years ago I got what appeared to be the Chernobyl virus. A
friend tried to get my drive going and said the virus was accessing
the drive so quickly that it physically ruined it (as it supposedly
was designed to do).

Bil Green
PC 1000
Mammoth Lakes, CA 93546

b> Bil,
b> these drives even resist a surface scan or "zero erase".
b> I've tried slaving them too, but there is nothing, In fact they will
b> hang up the IDE port as a slave(yes, I channged it's config). Remove it,
b> and the master will
b> be boot up fine.

b> Jim McVey
b> McVey Alltronix