[TechAssist] Re: Computer Display Driver Question

  • From: "Richard \"Wolfe\" Strickland, MCSE, MCP+I, MCP, CompTIA A+" <wolfe-mcse@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 12 May 2002 15:56:08 -0500

Howdy...

The first thing to do is check to see which driver is loaded for your video
card in the Control Panel Display applet.  It seems as though you are using
the Standard VGA driver provided with Windows 98, as opposed to the one for
your video card.  This in effect would create the problem you are
describing.

In the case you determine it is the video card driver, go to the Adapter
tab, and click on Change.  Follow the on-screen instructions to change the
video driver to either the one provided on the Windows 98 CD, or if
unavailable, download it from ATI, and select "Have Disk" to use the new
driver.

Signed,
Wolfe Strickland, MCSE, MCP+I, MCP, A+